Thursday, February 10, 2005

Making your dreams come true

About 15 years ago I saw a commercial, or read an advertisement in a magazine related to learning how to write. It was for a mail-order school where they give you assignments, you mail it in, and a week later you get your corrected assignment back in the mail.

Something in the back of my mind has always been telling me that I would be good at writing. During college I would look forward to the essay questions because I knew I could easily fill up that little blue test book. My only problems are that I am terrible at spelling and my grammar usually sucks.

And I don’t always know where the next paragraph should start… see…

Well, I decided to call that 800 number and have them send me some ‘no obligation’ information about their school. A couple weeks later I received my packet. I read it over and just like so many other things in my life, I decided to pass on it. That didn’t stop the company from sending me even more information about their school. Over the course of the next year I received all kinds of stuff. I have a feeling that one of the assignments for the students who were enrolled in that school was to write special customized advertising literature trying to persuade potential students. Not a bad idea if you ask me…

My wife has laughed at me a couple of times when I’ve mentioned that I’d like to write a book or get into some professional writing. She usually says something like, “You don’t even like to read. How are you going to write?” … pretty supportive don’t you think?

I don’t know if I will ever write a book, or even attempt to have an article or two published in some magazine. I hope I do. I think it would be pretty cool to see my words in print for everyone to read. Who knows? I suppose this is another one of those “What if?” moments that I have every once in a while.

There are so many choices in life. Wouldn’t it be great if you could always make the right choice and wind up making your dreams come true?

1 Comments:

At 10:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home